An Amazing Opportunity for Havurah Campers to Return to Tel Yehudah: Work, Learn, Lead (and Get Paid)!
Dates: July 24 – August 7, 2018
For: Current 11th Graders who have attended Havurah
The Havurah Plus Experience
After participating in Havurah, it’s time to return to Tel Yehudah to work, learn and lead. Havurah created amazing memories and relationships that will last a lifetime. Somehow it just got better. Introducing Havurah Plus! This new program brings you back to Tel Yehudah to further your Havurah and TY experience.
This summer you will have the opportunity to work at camp in a junior staff role, share your experiences with younger campers, and earn a little money doing it or get a jump start on your Year Course payments. You will share duties with many parts of camp, work with the operational staff, and plan programs for younger Havurah campers. You will also take part in special sessions and a seminar to help you develop ideas to share your Havurah experiences with campers and your community back home.
Havurah Plus gives the opportunity for young adults to have an unparalleled work experience, lead and engage teens, earn money and have fun!
Havurah Plus participants will:
- Gain real life experience working in a support staff position (kitchen, logistics, or office) seventy-five percent of each day
- Participate in special activities each day, as well as a special Havurah Plus seminar, designed to “unpack” the Havurah experience and consider how to bring it back to their local communities
- Have opportunities to write and lead activities about Havurah for younger campers at Tel Yehudah
- Enjoy fun programming designed specifically for Havurah Plus participants
- Get a taste of the Tel Yehudah staff experience in their unique role
- Earn either $500 (US citizens only) or $1000 toward Year Course
- Room and board in special group housing for only incoming high school seniors
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Transportation from New York City to Tel Yehudah
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 11th grade;
- Interested in giving back to Tel Yehudah;
- Previously attended at least one session of Havurah
- Looking for a fun and impressive resume-building summer experience;
- Open to getting a taste of camp staff life;
- Interested in sharing your Havurah experience and developing leadership skills
Limited Space Available
If you are interested in Havurah Plus, please complete the form below and we will contact you about next steps: