EXPLORE THE POWER OF JEWISH AND ISRAELI ART: ARTS@TY INTENSIVE
ARTS@TY is a two-week collaborative art program inspired by the natural beauty of Tel Yehudah.
Dates: July 24-August 7, 2018
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
Coming Together as an Artistic Community
The Arts@TY program will challenge teens to come together as an artistic community to develop their own projects. Art can be loud; art can be shocking. It presents a platform for meaningful conversations about the importance of Jewish art and the Jewish community as a whole. TY resident artists will collaborate to create mixed media work that reflects their personal hopes and aspirations.
New Arts Facility, Unveiled Summer 2018
Participants will have full access to the brand new arts village facility, including five new studios, that will be unveiled in the summer of 2018. A professional artist will lead teens in developing their vision, honing their technical skills, and strengthening their ability to tell a story and engage others through art.
Art & the Essence of Jewish Community
Artistic expression is just one part of the Arts@TY program. TY provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week ARTS@TY Intensive will:
- Complete an art project inspired by the natural beauty and community of Tel Yehudah.
- Receive guidance from a professional artist to develop vision and hone technical skills.
- Come to understand the roots and challenges of Modern Israeli Art.
- Grasp the collaborative planning and execution necessary for community art projects.
- Raise their skill level in preferred art medium(s).
- Develop teamwork ethics and attitudes.
- Engage with the Jewish Community.
- Realize a greater understanding of their own Jewish identities and express it through art.
Participants in Arts @ TY spend 4-5 hours a day engaged in developing their artistic expression in collaboration with other participants and staff. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|8:00am||Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Nikayon B’Tsrif (Bunk cleaning)||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|9:45-10:10am||T’fillot (Morning Prayers)/Alternative T'fillot||You will partake in a meaningful prayer activity led by staff and campers.|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:00-2:45pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|2:45-4:45pm||Intensives||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|5:00-6:30pm||Minors||Focus on another one of our Intensives offered at camp!|
|6:30-7:30pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunk mates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Daily arts writing workshops with TY arts staff
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Ready to join a community of young artists
- Ready to explore the explore your Jewish identity through your art
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world