|Dates||Grade in Fall 2021||Tuition||Early Bird Tuition (before October 15th)|
|June 23 - August 4||9||$7,500||$7,200|
Can’t make it for six weeks this summer? Join us for two or four weeks by choosing from our two-week Blocs:
|Bloc 1: Explore||June 23-July 7||$3000||$2900|
|Bloc 2: Experience||July 7 -July 21||$3000||$2900|
|Bloc 3: Act||July 21 - August 4||$3000||$2900|
|2 Blocs (4 weeks)||$5500||$5300|
*visit Rates and Dates for additional information Tuition and Discounts.
The Alumim Experience
Begin your Tel Yehudah experience this summer by joining Alumim! There’s no better way to get ready for starting high school than spending six weeks of your summer at Tel Yehudah! Through our “build your own summer” options, you choose what goes in your schedule and can change it every couple of weeks if you want. Along with making your own choices, we will make sure you get the BEST traditional camp experiences like: activities with your bunk, rikud (Israeli dance), special days in camp, time to just chill with your friends, and crazy campwide events!
Due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, our out of camp experiences in 2021 will be significantly altered. However, we are still planning opportunities for our teens to spend time safely out of camp including river and hiking trips. More information will be available in May 2021.
Register for Alumim and join the Tel Yehudah and Young Judaea tradition of Jewish Leadership!
Alumim campers will:
- Bloc 1: Explore – we will discover so many things: new communities, peer leadership, sports, social action, arts, outdoors, Israel and more. The world is our (kosher) oyster. Some special highlights include: Gimel – our on-site overnight camping experience, Maccabia, and more!
- Bloc 2: Experience – we will push ourselves to go out into the world and try as much as we can! Through special out-of-camp trips you will put into practice what you have learned about in the weeks (or days) leading up to the Alumim Road Trip
- Bloc 3: Act – we will focus on how we can enact change in camp and in our communities. Some special highlights include: Gimel – our on-site overnight camping experience, Maccabia, and more!
This is what a “day in the life” of Alumim might look like:
|8:00am||Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:45-8:55am||Mifkad Boker (Flag Raising)||Greet the day by raising the flags with the rest of camp and our Tsofim (Israeli scouts)|
|9:00-9:30am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast|
|9:40-10:20am||T’fillot (Morning Prayers)/Alternative T'fillot||You will partake in a meaningful camp-wide prayer activity led by staff and teens|
|10:30-10:50am||Nikayon B’Tsrif (Bunk cleaning)||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|11:00-12:00pm||Visit Specialty Area||Teens from your chug can either visit Omanut (Arts and Crafts) or Drama|
|12:10am-1:10pm||Peulah: Contemporary Israeli comedy||Your staff has prepared an informal and fun educational activity to help you learn about Israel today through comedy|
|1:20-2:05pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:15-3:05pm||Zman Bechira (Elective Period)||You can choose from a variety of recreational activities ranging from team sport activities, video-making, jam band, arts & crafts, Israeli dance, etc.|
|3:10-5:00pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|5:10-6:10pm||Tracks||An opportunity to dive into an area of your choosing like sports, arts, peer-leadership and more|
|6:20-7:20pm||Bunk Time: Low Ropes Course||Your bunk is heading to the low ropes course for bonding and team building|
|7:30-8:30pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends in other chugim and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:35-8:45pm||Sikkum Yom (Daily Check in)||You will check in with your bunk staff to review the day, experiences, etc.|
|9:00-10:15pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your chug is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:30-11:15pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:15pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day
- $10 stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- Dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- 24/7 on-site security services
- Transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th grade
- Looking to spend your summer with other 8th grade Jewish teens
- Ready to build your own summer and choose how you spend parts of your day at camp
- Interested in living with Jewish teens from around the US and the world