Our Havurah program is uniquely designed for Russian-speaking Jewish teens to learn about their heritage, to evoke their curiosity about their own family history, and to build strong connections with other members of their unique community …
Dates: July 26 – August 9, 2020
Cost: $2,700 (Register by January 31, 2020 and save $250. Use promo code HAVURAH2020.)
For: Jewish teens who are in 9th-12th grades as of Fall 2020 from Russian-speaking families.
Join Havurah this summer and register now
The Havurah Experience
Havurah is the only program of its kind in the United States, which brings teens from Russian-speaking families from across the country and the world and strengthens their Russian-Jewish identity, culture, and heritage and allows them to build a community. For most participants in our program this is the first time that they are surrounded by a group of teens who come from so many different cities and yet they all have a shared background in common. And most amazingly, they are guided and mentored by bright and passionate young adults who also share that background with them. Camp Tel Yehudah is the perfect environment for teens to be in a balanced environment that allows them to focus on their Russian-Jewish background, while being a part of the Jewish community in North America.
Register for Havurah and join the Tel Yehudah and Young Judaea tradition of Jewish Teen Community!
Havurah campers will:
- Meet and live with other Russian-speaking Jewish teens from around the US and world;
- Experience all of camp’s activity areas
- Participate in one of our unique TY Intensive Programs (film making, culinary arts, krav maga, sports and fitness and more)
- Engage in Havurah activities designed to explore their unique identities
- Join the larger global Jewish teen community at Tel Yehudah with campers from across the United States, Israel, the UK and across Europe.
- Have the opportunity to connect with and learn from trained Russian-speaking Jewish staff
What Is Included?
Room and board for 14 days within our furnished cabins
- Choice of TY Intensive Program
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 125+ dynamic and trained camp professionals from across North America, Israel, and the UK
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
Is Havurah right for me?
Yes! If you are…
- A Jewish teen from a Russian-speaking family
- Excited to meet other teens who share a similar background as you
- Love camp or looking to try it out for the first time
- Interested to learn more about your Russian-Jewish heritage
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world
- Passionate about Israel and/or learning about Israel and meeting Israelis
The Havurah program is only offered during second session.
“Tel Yehudah; two words, millions of emotions, and countless memories. Tel Yehudah is not just a camp. To me, it’s home away from home. I can honestly say that the absolute best summers of my life were spent at TY. Camp may only last three weeks that, unfortunately, always go by so quickly, but the friendships created last a lifetime. Whether you become really close with a big group, a few people, or just one person, you are guaranteed a life-changing experience.” ~Veronica Gorenshteyn, Havurah @ Tel Yehudah Participant
“The camp was fantastic! Both kids can’t wait until next summer to go Tel Yehudah again! They returned home happy, more mature and with new skills to help their parents with household choirs. They learned some Hebrew words, a lot of Jewish history and we are very thankful to camp for that!!!!! Both kids made a lot of friends from all over the United States! [The teens experienced] Jewish education, Jewish ambiance and Israeli Russian counselors – they were fantastic, and great role models for our children.” ~Havurah Parent