After 75 years, we’re not going to let a global pandemic disrupt another TY summer for our teens.
Thanks to so many people (parents, alumni, friends and foundations), who treasure TY’s role in Jewish families’ lives we were able to withstand the financial impact of 2020. Since last summer, we have been planning to meet evolving COVID-related health requirements as we open Tel Yehudah to our teens and families, staff and madrichim in 2021.
The COVID-19 crisis has shown us that our world needs Tel Yehudah and our values NOW more than ever:
- Our teens and their families need TY this summer more than ever, and they need more tuition assistance to make the Tel Yehudah experience possible for their teens.
- Our young people need to work at TY this summer more than ever as they build their leadership skills
- We need to ensure physical and emotional safety of every teen and staff member at TY.
To do this, we must make significant new investments, which include:
- New and retrofitted facilities and equipment
- COVID-19 testing and isolation facilities
- Improvements to existing outdoor facilities, including the Mel Reisfield Basketball Courts
- Increased number of gathering places for smaller groups
- Expanded outdoor activities
- Socially distant and outdoor dining arrangements and other modifications to food service
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fewer teens in each bunk which translates into more staff
Please be partner with us to ensure that Tel Yehudah returns more powerful and more vibrant than ever.
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation has stepped up once again with a matching challenge grant to inspire your philanthropic support for Tel Yehudah. For every $2 you give NOW, the Foundation will add $1. Your investment of $36, $180, or $3,600 will immediately be increased by 50%.
Your support will help us turn this difficult page in our proud history and begin co-creating an exciting new chapter, assuring more life-changing summer experiences, life-long friendships and life-long commitments to Israel, the Jewish people and changing the world.